Web browser emulator(s)?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Fuzzy
Level 4
Level 4

Web browser emulator(s)?

Post by Fuzzy »

I'm not sure if I'm using the correct keywords/terms here, but I'm wondering if there is a software package in the repositories that synthesizes the various web browsers (for both PC and mobile devices). I'm trying to learn css more completely, and testing has become somewhat of an issue.

To clarify: I'm looking for software which would emulate the various web browsers (IE, Chrome, FF, Safari, etc.) so that I could test my html/css/php/etc. without actually having to install each of the browsers/versions.

I've tried searching (both the repositories, and the forums), but perhaps my keywords/search criteria are wrong. Any direction would be appreciated.

Fuzzy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gtsfer

Re: Web browser emulator(s)?

Post by gtsfer »

Won't you have to install each of the emulators (same as installing the browsers pretty much)? Or are you looking for one emulator / tool that does it all? I don't know of any such thing but I could be wrong.
Fuzzy
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Web browser emulator(s)?

Post by Fuzzy »

gtsfer wrote:... Or are you looking for one emulator / tool that does it all?
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was looking for. It seems that I had experimented with something along these lines a few years back. Perhaps Quanta/Quanto or perhaps just some type of browser plugin...hmmm. Well, it would be a neat idea for developing, anyway! :)

Fuzzy

Return to “LMDE Archive”