LMDE x64 Mate Freezing up. (Solved)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
chrism66

LMDE x64 Mate Freezing up. (Solved)

Post by chrism66 »

Hi all,

I recently posted over on the hardware forum about a freezing/lock up issue that I an Having with my LMDE X64 (mate) install after a hardware up grade. If interested you can see the details here. http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 1&t=185415

Well. Today I ran both Linux Mint 17.1 and the current LTS version of Ubuntu Live DVDs for several hours with no crashes/freezes. However, as soon as I booted into the Current LMDE x64 (mate) Live dvd i almost instantly froze up. So, this leads me to believe that my system instability is related to something in the software, kernel, drivers etc.. in the current LMDE that does not agree with my system.

What options do I have. I am thinking that a Kernel upgrade may fix this what are peoples thought on this? If so what would be the quickest and easiest way to upgrade to a newer kernel version. I am pretty illiterate when it come to a kernel building.

Thanks for any help that can be provided in advance.

With regards,
Chris
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
chrism66

Re: LMDE x64 Mate Freezing up.

Post by chrism66 »

was running the 3.11.....AMD64 kernel switched to a Generic x86x64 Kernel and the freezing stopped.

Return to “LMDE Archive”