Virtualbox 4.x to 4.x Debian Squeeze?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Wahlgren

Virtualbox 4.x to 4.x Debian Squeeze?

Post by Wahlgren »

I installed virtualbox 4.0.4 r70112 from the software manager and when starting it I got prompted to download a new version for Debian 6.0 Squeeze. As I understand it the default LMDE installation is built on Debian testing, so mixing with Debian Squeeze is probably not a good solution? I could not find an answer to this question, so excuse me if there is, I must have missed it.

/ Wahlgren
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
middling

Re: Virtualbox 4.x to 4.x Debian Squeeze?

Post by middling »

Just disable the updates in the Virtualbox preferences.

You'll get an upgraded version of virtualbox when it makes it into the repositories.
Telecaster72
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Telecaster72 »

I installed the new Virtualbox 4.0.6 r71344 on squeeze, works fine, no worries man ;)

Edit: read your post again and saw that i misunderstood the question, i run LMDE but i am tracking the squeeze repos, anyway it works fine for me, i have not had as many updates as the "testing" users so i cant tell you how it would work for you...
Last edited by Telecaster72 on Sun May 01, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gosa »

Just keep an eye on these Virtualbox updates, because the one our repositories recommend is - if that didn't get fixed the last couple of days - the Ubuntu/Maveric version of Virtualbox while the Squeeze one is still debian.

I have the Virtualbox repositories added to my system following Squeeze as I figured that is the "closest" one, and I still get the Maverick one suggested to me as "our own" repositories have priority...

Wrote about it in this thread: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=70587

Return to “LMDE Archive”