Skype looks ugly in LMDE x64

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
cdysthe

Skype looks ugly in LMDE x64

Post by cdysthe »

Hi,

Skype looks "ugly" in LMDE x64. It looks like the GTK theme isn't being applied. On LM 11 x64 Skype looks fine. I've noticed error messages when I start Skype from the command line:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
(<unknown>:3994): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libmurrine.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
(<unknown>:3994): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libmurrine.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
(<unknown>:3994): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
(<unknown>:3994): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Is it a way to fix this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LifeInTheGrey
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Skype looks ugly in LMDE x64

Post by LifeInTheGrey »

I use Skype all of the time in two different LMDE setups and don't encounter a problem. Have you updated recently?
the beauty of linux is that the rabbit hole goes as deep as you want it to go.
wil

Post by wil »

I use it on lmde64, no issues here. Well it crashes occasionally, but the UI is okay.
cdysthe

Post by cdysthe »

Hi.

Skype works fine, but the UI doesn't seem to be themed like it is on LM11. Buttons do not have rounded corners and the UI doesn't look as slick as it does on LM11. I'm pretty sure it has to do with ia32lib, but I'm not technical enough to know how to fix it.
josefg
Level 2
Level 2

Post by josefg »

cdysthe wrote:Hi.

Skype works fine, but the UI doesn't seem to be themed like it is on LM11. Buttons do not have rounded corners and the UI doesn't look as slick as it does on LM11.
A workaround is to set a skin from inside skype itself, Options -> General -> Choose style, then pick CleanLooks or Plastique.

Return to “LMDE Archive”