Gwibber can't authenticate for private messages on Twitter.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Gwibber can't authenticate for private messages on Twitter.

Postby cdysthe on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:08 am

Hi,

Current version of Gwibber in LMDE doesn't authenticate for private messages with Twitter so an error message keeps popping up, and of course there's no private messages. I've seen there's the same problem in other distro's, but since mine is LMDE I ask here. I assume an update to Gwibber is required, but if there is a way around this please let me know.
cdysthe
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Gwibber can't authenticate for private messages on Twitt

Postby xenopeek on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:08 am

Hi, I couldn't find anything related to private messages, only to authentication. Have a look: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1571574

Please else share a screenshot of the error. And how do you repeat the error to show? (I.e., what button if you press it always causes this error to pop up.)
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Postby Dr.m0x on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:33 am

We need to wait for an update from the Gwibber developers I think.

Sent from my Cyanogenmod 7 phone.
Dr.m0x
Level 3
Level 3

Postby cdysthe on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 am

Vincent Vermeulen wrote:Hi, I couldn't find anything related to private messages, only to authentication. Have a look: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1571574

Please else share a screenshot of the error. And how do you repeat the error to show? (I.e., what button if you press it always causes this error to pop up.)

Attached two screenshots. One shows the error in Gwibber itself (on top), and the other the message from Twitter about Gwibber not being able to send or receive private message when authenticated (scroll and follow red error on screen shot).

I do not press any button to get the error, I simply add my Twitter account. I have also tried remove Gwibber from Twitter and re add my account. Same problem. Other apps authorizes without this error.
Attachments
GwibberError2.png
GwibberError2.png (31.99 KiB) Viewed 724 times
GwibberError1.png
GwibberError1.png (93.27 KiB) Viewed 724 times
cdysthe
Level 3
Level 3

Postby ningbojoe on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:09 am

I can confirm this error as it happens to me as well. I don't press any buttons to cause the problem it just happens and could be related to timeline updates!
ningbojoe
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications