Chrome/Chromium visited link colour - custom.css

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Chrome/Chromium visited link colour - custom.css

Postby xircon on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:44 am

Getting older is a royal pain in the ........ :D (I am only 50!!).

I have started, in the last couple of weeks, to find it difficult to differentiate between the blue and purple of links and visited links. So I Googled and set up a custom.css:
Code: Select all
A:visited { color: darkmagenta ! important }

But this affects every web page I visit. I only want it to affect say Google - is this doable? Never been interested in HTML, and can't find anything useful.

Have tried a couple of extensions, but they are not very good.

Cheers

Steve
Dell Inspiron N5010 / Core I5 / ATI Mobility Radeon HD5400, LMDE Tracking Sid & Cinnamon Desktop
"Ubuntu is an African word meaning 'I can't configure Debian'"
xircon
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Chrome/Chromium visited link colour - custom.css

Postby xenopeek on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:26 am

I think on Chrome you need the Stylish extension to be able to do that. On Firefox of course you can easily do this, by changing your code to read:
Code: Select all
@-moz-document domain(google.com) {
   A:visited { color: darkmagenta ! important }
}

You can read details for Firefox here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/CSS/@-moz-document

I still prefer Firefox, because it allows these kind of easy tweaks :wink:
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Chrome/Chromium visited link colour - custom.css

Postby xircon on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:53 am

Thanks Vincent, found a better extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... meggkbjdhd (Chrome Stylist). It is still a bit flaky, it doesn't always appear in the address bar, but is better than the ones I tried. Thanks for the pointer.

Was a long time FF user, Chromium just looks better, personal opinion, it fits better on my 1366x768 laptop and I don't have to tweak the titlebar with Compiz, I spent weeks going back and forth, but have been using Chromium for months now. Firefox really needs to sharpen up its appearance. The other annoying thing is that after every update a large proportion of the themes and extensions just stop working. But I still have it as backup.

Cheers

Steve
Dell Inspiron N5010 / Core I5 / ATI Mobility Radeon HD5400, LMDE Tracking Sid & Cinnamon Desktop
"Ubuntu is an African word meaning 'I can't configure Debian'"
xircon
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Software & Applications