[WONTWORK] Howto install Adobe Air in LMDE?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

[WONTWORK] Howto install Adobe Air in LMDE?

Postby Kazmirzak on Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Hi,

I tried to install Adobe Air from the official 15MB runtime (AdobeAIRInstaller.bin) from http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85304.html .

It starts, asks me to confirm the terms and conditions, and then claims "Adobe Air could not be installed. Please install either Gnome Keyring or KDE KWallet before the installation of Adobe Air."

But I HAVE installed Gnome Keyring:
libgnome-keyring-common 3.2.2.1
gnome-keyring 3.2.2.1
libgnome-keyring0 3.2.2.1
libgnome-keyring1.0-cil 1.0.0.3

I use LMDE with all current updates (I think I use the debian repos). Does Adobe Air work with you?
Last edited by Kazmirzak on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kazmirzak
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Re: Howto install Adobe Air in LMDE?

Postby Arran on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:52 am

Wikipedia wrote:The latest version of Adobe AIR, Version 3, contains Adobe Flash Player 11, and is available for Windows (XP and newer) and Mac OS X.[5] Official support for desktop Linux distributions ceased in June 2011 with version 2.6,[6] though AIR 3 is supported on select mobile operating systems, Android (ARM Cortex-A8 and above[7]) and Apple iOS.[5]
Best greetings from Scotlands nicest Holiday Isle
Image
OS: Mint12 KDE, Graphic: Nvidia I4800-GS, Monitor: HP LP2065, «Broadband» Ø 50kib/sec!!!
User avatar
Arran
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:24 am

Re: Howto install Adobe Air in LMDE?

Postby Kazmirzak on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi,

I know that no new versions are going to be supported, but that doesn't mean that all old versions should stop working immediately. Maybe there is a workaround, or is it just because the libraries are too new and are not recognised any longer?
Kazmirzak
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Howto install Adobe Air in LMDE?

Postby mockturtl on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:25 am

Kazmirzak wrote:Hi,

I know that no new versions are going to be supported, but that doesn't mean that all old versions should stop working immediately. Maybe there is a workaround, or is it just because the libraries are too new and are not recognised any longer?
If you find workarounds, be careful: I put TweetDeck on a 64-bit machine using some hack with 32-bit libraries, and it ruined my installation. :lol:

In this case, I don't think there's any hope of installing AIR 2.6 against gnome 3.2. It would be nice of Adobe to open-source the 2.x runtime, of course, but I can't see that happening either.
Image
User avatar
mockturtl
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: [WONTWORK] Howto install Adobe Air in LMDE?

Postby shadow29c on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:04 pm

I did it with this package:
Code: Select all
wget --timestamping http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/lin/download/2.6/adobeair.deb

And it's working for me on lmde 32 bit
shadow29c
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: [WONTWORK] Howto install Adobe Air in LMDE?

Postby craigevil on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:57 pm

shadow29c wrote:I did it with this package:
Code: Select all
wget --timestamping http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/lin/download/2.6/adobeair.deb

And it's working for me on lmde 32 bit


and it has gigantic security holes big enough to drive a tank through.

If you want tweetdeck use it in Chrome

Or do it the true linux geek way and use irssi with Bitlbee that way you have irc, IMs and twitter in one client
Debian Sid KDE4.8.4 Kernel 3.4 Thinkpad R40 CPU Pentium M 1.3MHz RAM 2GB ATI Mobility 7500
Debian - "If you can't apt-get something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
Giant Debian sources.list | Debian upgrade script smxi | sysinfo script inxi
craigevil
Level 5
Level 5
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:10 am
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: [WONTWORK] Howto install Adobe Air in LMDE?

Postby shadow29c on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:53 pm

craigevil wrote:
shadow29c wrote:I did it with this package:
Code: Select all
wget --timestamping http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/lin/download/2.6/adobeair.deb

And it's working for me on lmde 32 bit


and it has gigantic security holes big enough to drive a tank through.

If you want tweetdeck use it in Chrome

Or do it the true linux geek way and use irssi with Bitlbee that way you have irc, IMs and twitter in one client


Flash, Air, Shockwave .... has gigantic security holes... But some time we not have choice. :( I like playing dofus during my lunch break and it's the only way I can... I really hate adobe :(
shadow29c
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Return to Software & Applications

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests