mpide

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
arta

mpide

Post by arta »

Hello all,
I'm trying to get mpide to run on Mint Debian 64 bit without much luck. mpide is a multi platform version of the Arduino ide that will program PIC boards. There are some 32 bit files that are needed that I can not find like libelf.so and libreadline.so.
I found a how to on installing mpide but they don't say where to get the needed files.
Any help will be appreciated
arta
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: mpide

Post by xenopeek »

Usually easiest to find these things with "apt-cache search <name>" or by searching on http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages (and then clicking on "list files" next to the architecture package at the bottom, to confirm it will give you this file).

libelf.so can be found in package libelfg0 (http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/libelfg0). So just install that with your package manager of choice. Also read the package description ("apt-cache show libelfg0"); is is suggesting for development you may want to install the -dev package also.

Note that a "locate libelf" reveals libelf1 being installed (which a "dpkg -l | grep libelf" confirms), but that is something else I think?

libreadline5 and libreadline6 are installed by default, so you either need to symlink either ("sudo ln -s /lib/libreadline.so.5 /lib/libreadline.so", or perhaps again install the -dev package.
phgphd

Re: mpide

Post by phgphd »

I also wanted to run the 32-bit IDE on Ubuntu 64-bit linux. After much research and interaction with others, it is not possible to compile 32-bit applications on a 64bit linux system. Ubuntu does not allow the co-existence of 32 and 64 bit libraries. The possible work around is to install VMWare (eg, a virtual operating system manager) and 32 bit linux in a separate partition and then actually run 32 bit linux under the VM. Of course the simplest is to get a x86 box to run 32 bit linux.

Return to “LMDE Archive”