Firefox won't open containing folder

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Firefox won't open containing folder

Postby dpj on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:50 pm

I have also got a similar problem with LMDE edition trying to use nautilus. The annoying thing is that I found a solution online a couple of months ago but had to delete my Firefox folder as it became corrupted and now it doesn't work again and I have forgotten what I did. I have searched online and cannot find what I did before, It was not the 'add 3 lines to about:config' solution or associate 'file' type with nautilus in preferences (this means nautilus opens when you use 'open' or 'open containing folder'). I had found another solution that worked perfectly and involved either editing or creating a file in gedit. I guess this file must have been in the firefox folder that I had to delete.
Does anyone know what this solution was? I have tried googling for an hour or two and can't find it again. I will definitely keep a note of it this time!
Last edited by zerozero on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic split
dpj
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Firefox won't open containing folder

Postby viking777 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:01 am

OK, I will be the one to say it.

I can't even understand the question, let alone dream up an answer.

Can you write it in a different manner explaining what it is you are trying to do, what actually happens when you do it, and what you think should happen.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Firefox won't open containing folder

Postby secipolla on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:32 pm

I'm afraid you'll have to delete mimetypes.rdf in you profile folder (~/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx/)
Firefox's mime handler is somewhat buggy and quite inflexible.
secipolla
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Software & Applications