Firefox won't open containing folder

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dpj

Firefox won't open containing folder

Post by dpj »

I have also got a similar problem with LMDE edition trying to use nautilus. The annoying thing is that I found a solution online a couple of months ago but had to delete my Firefox folder as it became corrupted and now it doesn't work again and I have forgotten what I did. I have searched online and cannot find what I did before, It was not the 'add 3 lines to about:config' solution or associate 'file' type with nautilus in preferences (this means nautilus opens when you use 'open' or 'open containing folder'). I had found another solution that worked perfectly and involved either editing or creating a file in gedit. I guess this file must have been in the firefox folder that I had to delete.
Does anyone know what this solution was? I have tried googling for an hour or two and can't find it again. I will definitely keep a note of it this time!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Firefox won't open containing folder

Post by viking777 »

OK, I will be the one to say it.

I can't even understand the question, let alone dream up an answer.

Can you write it in a different manner explaining what it is you are trying to do, what actually happens when you do it, and what you think should happen.
secipolla

Re: Firefox won't open containing folder

Post by secipolla »

I'm afraid you'll have to delete mimetypes.rdf in you profile folder (~/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx/)
Firefox's mime handler is somewhat buggy and quite inflexible.

Return to “LMDE Archive”