library version, force version?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Greydog56

library version, force version?

Post by Greydog56 »

I'm trying to install a program called linux-track on Mint XFCE 201204 64 bit.
This program is used to make head tracking hardware TrackIR work in linux.

The universal package install method can be found here:
code.google.com/p/linux-track/wiki/UniversalPkgInstall

I was able to install latest version (120304) of this program under Ubuntu 10.04 as all libraries were met.

I'm able to install an early version (120118) of linux-track program in Mint XFCE 201204 64 bit as it calls for lower versions of the required libraries. When I try to install the latest version (120304) of the program in Mint XFCE 201204 64 bit, it tells me I'm missing libraries.

Code: Select all

tim@greydog /opt/linuxtrack/lib/linuxtrack $ ldd *.so | grep 'not found' | sort -u
libcvaux.so.4 => not found
libcv.so.4 => not found
libcxcore.so.4 => not found
libhighgui.so.4 => not found
libml.so.4 => not found
I sent one of the project personnel a message with the issue and response was:
these libraries are part of OpenCV library - look for things like libcv, libcvaux, libhighgui (or look for OpenCV); I'm not sure why those are separated, but they are (at least on Ubuntu).

it turns out, that there was a change in libraries numbering and it is a reason why the OpenCV libraries aren't found.
I'll try to come up with some solution (probably will compile the openCV into the package too)

end quote...

Would one of the Mint forum uses suggest other methods to obtain the correct libraries version?

For example- I believe I need libcvaux.so.4, I have libcvaux.so.2.3.1-7. I read somewhere where I could force package version. I have the file selected, choose Package>Force version (only force version is grayed out) so I can't actually click on it.

Any guidance is appreciated.

-tim
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: library version, force version?

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
äxl

Post by äxl »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opencv
http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/
Greydog56 wrote:Would one of the Mint forum uses suggest other methods to obtain the correct libraries version?
I've only found them on Ubuntu/Canonical and these don't behave very well with Debian.
You could look in these sources:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvl ... encv-unix/
Though there only is a v2.4. With luck the shared objects are already in the archive and you don't have to compile them.
Force version (only force version is grayed out) so I can't actually click on it.
Because you have to have more than one version available. Synaptic is looking for other repositories.

Or you could just wait for the recompiled version from the maintainers.
Greydog56

Post by Greydog56 »

I've only found them on Ubuntu/Canonical and these don't behave very well with Debian.
I'd better wait for the recompiled version

Thanks for taking time to answer my question.

Return to “LMDE Archive”