cpu freq applet in MATE

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

cpu freq applet in MATE

Postby emarti on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:56 pm

I seem to have a lot of difficulty getting the cpu-freq-applet to work in MATE. When I click it, nothing happens. Is there a different set of applets I should be using? This is on a clean install of UP4 from the 201204 iso. (Far too much broke during the update from UP3 to UP4, so I'm trying to get a clean install working.)

I see this issue has been raised before, without response.
emarti
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: cpu freq applet in MATE

Postby äxl on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:46 am

What are you expecting of the applet? For me it also shows only the governing frequency and that's it. http://wiki.debian.org/HowTo/CpuFrequencyScaling

I've also answered in the other thread.
My Linux history: Ubuntu 10.04 - 10.10 - LMDE 201109 - UP4 My sources.list/preferences

Computers is not science. And it's not magic - it's something in between.
äxl
Level 5
Level 5

Re: cpu freq applet in MATE

Postby emarti on Sat May 05, 2012 2:36 pm

I was hoping I could set the governor, just like in Gnome 2. I have a laptop that I frequently run off the battery, so it's very important for me to have this control.

Part of the issue might be that I've upgraded to UP4 from UP3, rather than a fresh install. I've noticed the default packages seem different between the two approaches, surprisingly.

äxl wrote:What are you expecting of the applet? For me it also shows only the governing frequency and that's it. http://wiki.debian.org/HowTo/CpuFrequencyScaling

I've also answered in the other thread.
emarti
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support