1. Using Mint package manager install ia32-libs
2. Brother website: Download "cuppswrapper driver & lpr driver for your model (*.deb files)
3. Copy above downloaded drivers into a common directory.
4. Open a terminal into the above common directory.
5. type: sudo dpkg -i --force-all *.deb
6. Open desktop >Menu>Administration>Printing & setup your printer.
7. I use "localhost:631" to check everything and print a test page.
Being as old as I am (78) I need everything simple, The above should work for 32 bit drivers
on a 64bit OS.