[Solved] Correctly install OpenGL drivers

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
rushfan54

[Solved] Correctly install OpenGL drivers

Post by rushfan54 »

I'm trying to run Slender in Wine, but the graphics are seriously messed up. Running it from the command line, I get this:
err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly (using GL renderer "Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV670", version "1.4 (2.1 Mesa 7.11.2)").
Running glxinfo tells me that direct rendering is enabled, and I've never had any OpenGL issues with any other native games. How would I go about correctly setting up the OpenGL drivers for my AMD RV670 card? BTW I'm using Wine 1.5.5. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bu99zy

Re: Correctly install OpenGL drivers

Post by bu99zy »

Are you using a 64-bit system? Wine is 32bit and you may have to install the 32bit video drivers.
rushfan54

Post by rushfan54 »

Yes, I am on a 64-bit system. I've tried installing the fglrx-driver package in the hopes that it would bring in the 32-bit drivers, but all it did was prevent Cinnamon from loading and I would have to uninstall it through Blackbox. I'm kind of at a loss as to what I should do.
rushfan54

Post by rushfan54 »

Ok I finally found the correct drivers and installed them, and they pretty much screwed the whole system. Sure, the game finally worked, but literally everything else on the computer that used gpu accelleration stopped working correctly. After some time of figuring out how to restore Gallium3d (it broke some symlinks when it uninstalled -- go figure), I've decided to just find a better NVidia card.

Return to “LMDE Archive”