New keyboard grief

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
rmockler

New keyboard grief

Post by rmockler »

I have a peculiar problem which I have no idea how to solve. I have a Toshiba Portege R200 laptop, and a few keys were no longer working, so I decided it was time for a new keyboard. I purchased a replacement keyboard that appears to be identical to the original one. I removed the old keyboard and installed the new one. I am using Linux Mint 13, Mate. All the keys work properly except for two. When I press the Delete key, it behaves as though I had right-clicked on my mouse. When I press the End key it performs the function of the Delete key. I looked at the Keyboard Preferences and the layout is identical to what it was under the original keyboard. I guess the only option is keyboard remapping, but so far, the help that I have found on the forum is confusing, as I have found varying methods and options. If anyone is aware ot a similar situation, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. The only solution I am using right now is to press the End key when I want to delete one or more characters. It works, but as I am typing I don't always remember that, and when I press the real delete key, I end up getting the right-click options window.
Thank you for any assistance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Epod

Re: New keyboard grief

Post by Epod »

Maybe you need to go to System Settings Keyboard click shortcuts and see if your delete key is bound to your right mouse.

Return to “LMDE Archive”