LMDE: Screen sluggish when scrolling LibreOffice, Caja.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
darethehair
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LMDE: Screen sluggish when scrolling LibreOffice, Caja.

Post by darethehair »

Jenia wrote:I have the exact same problem, but I was certain it was a result of messing with sid repos!
I've got a 32 bit system and all of the ram such a system can handle...
It's one of the reasons I can't wait for a respin - I want to clean my system and start from scratch, hoping the issue will be gone.
(Also the nvidia driver pretends to be RandR incompatible on this laptop for some reason)
I just noticed that 'update pack 6' has been out there for a few weeks, and I have read hints in Google that LibreOffice version 4.x (?) no longer has this problem (in Windows?) -- so I figured I might as well take the time to install update pack 6 to see if it helps -- and the pack includes updates to LibreOffice :)
There is nothing more dangerous than a bored cat.
Jenia

Post by Jenia »

darethehair wrote:
Jenia wrote:I have the exact same problem, but I was certain it was a result of messing with sid repos!
I've got a 32 bit system and all of the ram such a system can handle...
It's one of the reasons I can't wait for a respin - I want to clean my system and start from scratch, hoping the issue will be gone.
(Also the nvidia driver pretends to be RandR incompatible on this laptop for some reason)
I just noticed that 'update pack 6' has been out there for a few weeks, and I have read hints in Google that LibreOffice version 4.x (?) no longer has this problem (in Windows?) -- so I figured I might as well take the time to install update pack 6 to see if it helps -- and the pack includes updates to LibreOffice :)
I have actually manually installed the latest version of LibreOffice a few weeks ago - the issue is still there. Experienced it today!
darethehair
Level 4
Level 4

Post by darethehair »

Jenia wrote:I have actually manually installed the latest version of LibreOffice a few weeks ago - the issue is still there. Experienced it today!
Sadly, you are correct. I have, however, downloaded three *newer* versions (3.5.7 and 3.6.4 and 4.0.0) with the intent of finding out which one 'fixes' this problem, but have not done so yet -- partially out of fear of wrecking my LibreOffice operation totally -- though this is unlikely.
There is nothing more dangerous than a bored cat.
Jenia

Post by Jenia »

The issue is still present with LibreOffice 4. Turning it off and then back on seems to fix it, so that is what I'll recommend doing.

Return to “LMDE Archive”