Intel GMA500 graphics chip and LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Niks
Level 3
Level 3

Intel GMA500 graphics chip and LMDE

Post by Niks »

It would appear the Intel GMA500 chip ( found in a number of laptop / notebooks ) is not well supported. :roll:

I have scraped my way through "how to" after "how to" in unbuntu , debian ,and a number of forums but till now and which ever procedure I try fails somewhere down the line. :?

Now I do know that I need to use the Intel EMGD but in there infamous wisdom Intel have not provided a nice .deb file.
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/embedded/h ... tware/emgd
Don't worry if you don't see the GMA500 in there it is under a other name.

I have an Asus EEEPC 1202HA and would love to run Cinnamon on it since mate works great.

So has anyone got an GMA500 to work with cinnamon or the EMGD in LMDE and HOW ???? We would all love to know :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Intel GMA500 graphics chip and LMDE

Post by bigj231 »

Does alien work to install the Fedora package? Maybe the tarball is actually source (very unlikely), which you could build a .deb from.
Niks
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Intel GMA500 graphics chip and LMDE

Post by Niks »

Alien does not work on that rpm on that Pc.
Yes you can build it but seems to be very hit and miss.
One person says "yuppie it works " and another says "nope not for me"
And none of them are using LMDE so rather then waste hours and hours ( already done that of course ) would just like to know if anyone has done it on a LMDE system.

Update

I have discovered this
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n ... px=MTAxMTA
and the Intel driver is not worth the life time it takes to get working even through it seems to be in the kernel.

Return to “LMDE Archive”