HP deskjet 2510 printer suddenly stopped working

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

HP deskjet 2510 printer suddenly stopped working

Postby jamsterthecool on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:24 am

[SOLVED]Linux Mint Debian Edition- 64bit- Cinnamon (latest update) .

I removed the printer,restarted the system and the printer was auto-reinstalled and working fine .

Hi,

I've been using the HP deskjet 2510 printer without problems, until now . Now all my print jobs are shown as pending .I have looked at printer settings properties,the printer icon as a tick symbol though also shows a pause symbol. Printer properties/policies shows the 'Enabled' box not ticked . Though when I do tick it I get a printing job message on my task bar and the ;status' briefly changers to 'processing' than goes back to 'pending ' .Also the simple scan program doesn't work any more .I can only assume that some update has altered my printer setup .The last update installed 3 days ago was debian-system-sdjustments.

Since I haven't touched any printer settings & my printer is working manually ( by pressing copy on the printer etc) I have no clue why I can not print .

I really could do with a fix a.s.a.p .Any any please!
Linux Mint Debian Edition- 64bit- Cinnamon (latest update)
jamsterthecool
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: HP deskjet 2510 printer suddenly stopped working

Postby KLVVdarcey on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:09 pm

I am running LMDE with MATE desktop and an HP deskjet 2512 with the same symptoms after installing UP-7. Nothing gets through to the printer EXCEPT for "print test page" (after re-installing printer). Every normal print job is "pending" forever and ever.

Is there a way to go back to UP6?

Thank you for your support!
KLVVdarcey
Level 1
Level 1

Postby KLVVdarcey on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Just found the fix. Control Center => Print Settings => Right-click on HP printer icon => Properties => Policies => check the "enabled" box which is probably unchecked => Apply

Thank you!
KLVVdarcey
Level 1
Level 1

Postby jamsterthecool on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:50 pm

It seems this is a bug .Every now and then printing fails and I have to remove>restart and reinstall the printer for a interim fix .
Linux Mint Debian Edition- 64bit- Cinnamon (latest update)
jamsterthecool
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Hardware Support