Just installed a CD/DVD recorder/player

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
jbander

Just installed a CD/DVD recorder/player

Post by jbander »

Now I've got my operating system to boot . The cd/dvd won't play music nor can I burn on it. I guess it is not recognising it , Any advice . When I boot the system the light on the cd/dvd blinks on and off foe a few second . MY burning program K3b say "No optical drive found."
K3b did not find any optical device in your system."
"My VLC media players is looking for it at /dev/cdrom ,It gives me this error message Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'cdda:///dev/cdrom'. Check the log for details."
I must be missing something but I don't know what it is.
I changed the dvd/cd from pata to sata and I seem to have it plugged into where it is suppose to be . I have the Signal plug plugged into a blue plug in on my motherboard that is one of four it is in Sata3 . Over the top of these four plugs it says SATA RAID
Any Advice will be appreciated
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fraoch
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Just installed a CD/DVD recorder/player

Post by Fraoch »

In the BIOS, is the DVD set to "AHCI" or "IDE"? Hard drives should be set to AHCI but DVD drives may need to be set to IDE.
GeneBenson
Level 4
Level 4

Post by GeneBenson »

Hi jbander,

Have a look here.
You don't need to install anything. Just scroll down to the bottom to the section "Enable Kernel Polling". There are some commands listed that might help. It fixed the same problem for me.

Hope this helps. :D
jbander

Post by jbander »

GeneBenson wrote:Hi jbander,

Have a look here.
You don't need to install anything. Just scroll down to the bottom to the section "Enable Kernel Polling". There are some commands listed that might help. It fixed the same problem for me.

Hope this helps. :D
The first thing it asks is to add a line to RC.local , I go to Rc.local and it shows up in gedit And I'm unable to add the line to the RC.local in Gedit. I can't copy and paste to it . So I copied the RC.local file and added the required sentence to the file in Office but it won't cut or delete in gedit. So I can't do it that way either, any advice
Fraoch
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Fraoch »

You probably need to edit those files as root. Try:

Code: Select all

gksudo gedit
followed by the file name.
jbander

Post by jbander »

Fraoch wrote:You probably need to edit those files as root. Try:

Code: Select all

gksudo gedit
followed by the file name.
WOW That was it it can play music , I will burn something tonight to see if that works. Thanks a lot .This is much apreciated

Jon

Return to “LMDE Archive”