Xbox 360 Controller FAIL

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Xbox 360 Controller FAIL

Postby Phenom2122 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:35 am

I hope that someone could kindly please assist me with getting my Wired Xbox 360 Controller to work with Linux Mint 1.7 Debian Edition. I have googled and googled for this but sometimes google can be useless. The only results I seem to ever come up with are for the wireless controller, for Dumbuntu or for the standard edition of Mint.
I followed these instructions previously:

I installed Xboxdrv from the Software Manager.

Then via Terminal I installed these:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends jstest* joystick

And did this:
Code: Select all
echo "blacklist xpad" | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

I also tried unloading the xpad module but it was never loaded in the first place.

Xboxdrv claims there is no controller connected and jstest picks up absolutely nothing either.
I tried 'lsusb', there is no sign of it there either. However, the controller is plugged in with its light constantly flashing on and off. I know for a fact the controller is working, it works fine in Windows. And somewhere along the line while trying out Dumbuntu I managed to get jstest to pick it up (but not detecting any presses).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am wanting to abandon Windows altogether so there is a lot I need to set up. But it would be nice to have my controller working for those moments that I just need to take a break for a while..
Phenom2122
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Hardware Support