Level 10

Re: Intel Linux Drivers (HD4000 hp 6470b) Fan problem

Post by Monsta »

cybermarmotte
Level 1
Level 1

Post by cybermarmotte »

PatH57 wrote:you will need a newer kernel, even blacklisted it still reverts to i915 (probably the older kernel doesn't have a specific i965 ...)
I tried the 3.16 in the debian experimental repo, Graphical problem, no desktop or sometime an icon appearing...

I'm back on 3.14-2-686-pae
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

I just talked to someone on Mint 17 with the same card, the installation went ok and he installed the intel driver, blacklisted i915 and now it shows i965.
My guess is your xorg version may be the actual problem (or the combination of kernel,xorg driver)
Not sure it can be fixed at this point in LMDE without creating other dependency problems.
cybermarmotte
Level 1
Level 1

Post by cybermarmotte »

I think so. That's a shame. Maybe I'm gonna have to wait the next release. Anyway PatH57 thanks for your continuous help.

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk
Soapm

Post by Soapm »

I wanted to chime in and say that I'm in this same situation. It's a shame to learn Mint can't run properly on my machine because of this i965 driver problem.

So I guess I need to find a distro with an updated kernel/xorg or go back to Windows until Linux can effectively run my hardware???

I'm just surprised this hasn't been resolved by now since HD4000 isn't exactly "NEW" hardware...
cybermarmotte
Level 1
Level 1

Post by cybermarmotte »

For me it was a dummy problem, I was running i386 version... Since migrating to AMD64, no more problem.

My /home was on an other partition so I just dumped my installed packages list from the mint assistant
  1. Maybe move and separate your / and /home on two different partiotions
  2. Installed on / the new AMD64 LMDE, then boot on AMD64, import the dumped installed packages list (it's not architecture specified so for example if you installed Firefox for a 32bits architecture when you import the list it will install the AMD64 version
  3. I waited a few minutes for the packages to be downloaded and installed and 45 minutes (all included) I was up and running on my new x64 LMDE without fans problems!
    ;-)
Hope this help

Return to “LMDE Archive”