Now Macbook you shoud sleep, you're closed

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dbourrion

Now Macbook you shoud sleep, you're closed

Post by dbourrion »

Hi
Latest LMDE on a macbook Pro 15' mid-2010, works perfectly out of the box except that when I close it, and althought the correct settings are made, the Macbook doesn't want to sleep

Any idea or suggestion to help me fix that ?

Thanks

Best regards
D.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linus MacWinfrey

Re: Now Macbook you shoud sleep, you're closed

Post by Linus MacWinfrey »

dbourrion wrote:Hi
Latest LMDE on a macbook Pro 15' mid-2010, works perfectly out of the box except that when I close it, and althought the correct settings are made, the Macbook doesn't want to sleep

Any idea or suggestion to help me fix that ?

Thanks

Best regards
D.
Not that I have a solution other to say that I regularly run a Live Session booted form USB as follows:

LM 17.1 Rebeccca 64-bit with Cinnamon
2013 MBP 13" i5 2.5GHz 4GB DDR3

I can close the lid repeatedly over almost a week on live session and it wakens properly. I have yet do resize the Mac partition and install LM 17.1 permanently, so thanks for the unintended heads-up on that! :)
dbourrion

Post by dbourrion »

Hi
That's really strange, to see that the live session works, and my permanent session, not :( ;)
I'm gonna try a live session, just to be furious.

By the way, I use that very simple howto to made my permanent installation : http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1643 and it was done ; so quickly I didn't have enough time to get a coffee during the process - too bad
dbourrion

Post by dbourrion »

Hum, very strange, on my macbook, even on a live session, nothing happens when I close the lid.
Linus MacWinfrey

Post by Linus MacWinfrey »

I have booted into a live cession Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca 64-BIT Cinnamon yet again just to test sleep function. The hardware is a 2013 MacbookPro 13" i5 2.5GHz non-Retina. Power settings is set to suspend when lid is closed. It suspended every time I closed the lid and awoke without user intervention every time I opened the lid.

Are you folks sure your power management settings are correct? I know it sounds very stupid of me to ask and I don't mean to insult anyone by suggesting you should look. Have you installed Powertop or any other apps that could interfere with power management settings?
mcyberey

Post by mcyberey »

I had a similar problem with my Macbook Pro 15" 11,3 any my friends older Macbook (I don't know the model number) in Mint 17.1. It turned out to be bluetooth that prevented my computer from sleeping.

To see a list of items that can wake the macbook, type:

acpitool -w

You will see a list of items that can wake the macbook, if any of them say "enabled" use the command

acpitool -W #

where # is the number of the item you want to disable.

If this works, they you can put a script to run at boot. In my case it was device 11 XHC1.

Return to “LMDE Archive”