all in one HP psc 2110 not working

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Loop Garoo

all in one HP psc 2110 not working

Post by Loop Garoo »

i run under Debian Mint 64 bits. my all in one printer/scanner HP psc 2110 recently developed an issue. after having worked fine for some time it now does not work at all. when turning on power first i hear a sound that would suggest printing takes place, which is not the case. then it produces kind of rattling sound. eventually this stops. the three green lights stop blinking, the normal light becomes steady. and not a singe function will actually do anything. no photocopying without use of the computer. no scanning, that is simplescan will attempt to and return the notice that scanning failed. closing this dialogue will pop up the option to save the non-existant scan. printing from the computer will not work either.

the settings and status reports do not suggest anything amiss. except that sometimes a notice appears stating a connection error. the cartridges seem to be fine too.

could this be a matter of the printer cable or do i need to replace my printer? or is the cause something else? i would really appreciate any suggestions as to how to resolve the issue. many thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kalyk
Level 5
Level 5

Re: all in one HP psc 2110 not working

Post by Kalyk »

Hello and welcome to this forum!!

Did you try installing it using hp-setup under Linux Mint?
Perhaps you then first have to remove it and then run hp-setup to reinstall.
It sounds strange that simplescan doesn't even work though, you might try that from a live usb with Mint to see if it's gone wrong somewhere in your installed version of Mint.
Or you might try with a live usb from another computer if you have that available of course.
Add (Solved) to the topic-title of the first post when appropriate so others know they might find a solution here.

Return to “LMDE Archive”