EPSON STYLUS T10 - WORKS LIKE A CHARM! THANK YOU!

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
mintph

EPSON STYLUS T10 - WORKS LIKE A CHARM! THANK YOU!

Post by mintph »

For the longest time, I could not use my EPSON STYLUS T10 printer with the following Linux Distros:

SABAYON 5.3
UBUNTU 10.04 (and Kubuntu 10.04)
MANDRIVA 2010
DEBIAN 5.03

but with my first attempt to print using LMDE, it printed right away to my surprise!

now I am wondering as to why all the other distros that I have tried cannot print and find the correct driver. they all point me to EPSON STYLUS T20 as the best driver choice.

congratulations and a big THANK YOU to the team that made LMDE. This is by far the best distro right now!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Re: EPSON STYLUS T10 - WORKS LIKE A CHARM! THANK YOU!

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

...why all the other distros that I have tried cannot print and find the correct driver. they all point me to EPSON STYLUS T20 as the best driver choice.
Simply because the T10/T13 models were not included in the list of available drivers and the T20 driver is compatible with the (now phased-out) T10 and (replacement model) T13 printers for the Philippine market.

The T10 model DOES work, at least with Ubuntu and Mint versions prior to the LTS release. I was able to use my T10s with Mint 8 using the T20 driver. But from what I found out last May (the month Mint 9 was released), there was a problem with the gutenprint cups drivers (particularly the libgutenprint2 v5.2.5 and cups-driver-gutenprint v5.2.5) that came with the stock install of Ubuntu 10.04 (and subsequently inherited in Mint 9). To make the T10 model work, the two packages mentioned above should be uninstalled and replaced with a lower version (v5.2.4).

As for the T13, they said you no longer have to do the fixes above. According to a thread in ubuntuforums.org, the T20 driver works out of the box for the T13.

Sources:
(1) http://pinoy-computing-tips.blogspot.co ... rk-in.html
(2) http://art.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1532437
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].

Return to “LMDE Archive”