Tablet Support for Fujitsu Lifebook T900 Tablet

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Max Gene

Tablet Support for Fujitsu Lifebook T900 Tablet

Post by Max Gene »

Hey all,

First off, allow me to say thanks for such a fantastic distribution. Up until last night I was using Mint 9 and was absolutely loving it, decided to come to LMDE to slowly get acclimated to a more "hands on" distribution that didn't have the insanity of Arch or Slackware, particularly since I need this machine for school. Installed all my updates last night and overall things work pretty well, I'll probably still be tweaking for a little while but I'm definitely liking things such as wireless being configured by default.

Well, one thing I suspected LMDE wouldn't have that regular Mint would was the tablet support. I use it to take notes in class for Physics, so I'd much prefer to get things running again- I forgot to test it when I had the Live media booted, sadly. As the thread title suggests, it's a Fujitsu Lifebook T900, wireless worked flawlessly out of the box on Mint 9, where I used Xournal for my notetaking. It just doesn't respond at all under LMDE... yet. I'm guessing I'd need some form of kernel module or the like, which sounds like a lot of fun, actually.

I realize that you guys probably need some form of debug or technical info before getting a solution- apologies in advance for not posting any, but I'm simply not sure where to look on a Linux machine for that sort of thing, yet. Thanks again for a truly amazing distro!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
naviathan

Re: Tablet Support for Fujitsu Lifebook T900 Tablet

Post by naviathan »

Have you tried installing fjbtndrv? This should pull in the other dependencies needed to bring up the tablet support and enable the tablet related buttons.
Max Gene

Post by Max Gene »

Hey, that looks like it's on the right track! I've completed most of the installation process, but it's not working *yet*. First I pulled in the dependencies listed at this link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fjbtndr ... ic/1933594

"Please install libx11-dev, libxi-dev, libxext-dev, libxtst-dev and libxrandr-dev. Furthermore you will need libdbus-1-dev and libhal-dev."

Did that via Aptitude. ./configure, make, make install all ran without complaint after following those steps. One reboot later and... nothing. Is there some step I'm missing that needs to be completed post-install?
tastesminty

Post by tastesminty »

Have you got your machine working yet? I just got a new T900 myself and I am having trouble getting this driver package to work. I would like to see the multi-touch screen, the finger print reader, and the 5 display buttons work. Everything else seems to work out of the box.

Return to “LMDE Archive”