After a year of Win7 (starting freezing constantly), I went back to LM10. I hate the reinstalls for new versions though (that drove me back to Windows). Finally, I wrote LMDE over my Windows partitions, and the only problem I had were the nouveau drivers. All my windows rolled over the right edge of the screen and same with the task bar clock. I dreaded installing the NVIDIA drivers (I read the horror stories), but I did it anyways. In 10 minutes I was done, no fuss, no hassle. I have a GeForce 6150 card, but it should work for similar cards.
1. Went to the NVIDIA website, plugged in my card/OS info into their driver download section. Downloaded and wrote down file name and location.
2. Rebooted into LMDE recovery, navigated by CLI to the folder and ran the NVIDIA driver bin; ./filename
3. It popped up and said nouveau was not compatible with NVIDIA, would I like to disable nouveau. Yes.
4. Reboot into recovery again.
5. Repeat step 2. Smooth sailing, gave me an incompatible GCC scare, ignored it... (feeling lucky)
6. Rebooted when all was done, graphics work perfect. NVIDIA settings installed, running NVIDIA 260.19.29 (LM10 on my other HDD is running 173 via Jockey)
Other than the graphics, I've no issues with LMDE. Loving LMDE and glad I'm finally on a rolling release. Thanks all who made it happen...