Rollback Video Driver

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Important information

Rollback Video Driver

Postby jimmm33 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm running LMDE on a Thinkpad T61 with the Nvidia Quadro NVS140m video. I use Frickleplatz repos for Chromium. I did a 1-5 update a couple of weeks ago and realized that the Frickleplatz repo updated my video driver also. Now I have 270.26 Beta. I'm getting some strange behavior (flickering and then freeze) and I like to go back to the 195 version that is in the testing repos. Can anyone tell me the best way to do that?
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Rollback Video Driver

Postby viking777 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Open synaptic package manager. Bottom left highlight status, top left highlight installed then top right under quick filter search for the word nvidia. It will return several results. I would suggest the best one to go with is nvidia-kernel-dkms. So highlight this and then top left click Package/Force version. you should see the current nvidia driver in that list. Highlight it and install it. If you don't see it under the dkms package try the nvidia-glx package instead.

After that don't be so impatient again you naughty boy :lol:
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
Level 14
Level 14

Return to Hardware Support