Rollback Video Driver

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Rollback Video Driver

Postby jimmm33 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm running LMDE on a Thinkpad T61 with the Nvidia Quadro NVS140m video. I use Frickleplatz repos for Chromium. I did a 1-5 update a couple of weeks ago and realized that the Frickleplatz repo updated my video driver also. Now I have 270.26 Beta. I'm getting some strange behavior (flickering and then freeze) and I like to go back to the 195 version that is in the testing repos. Can anyone tell me the best way to do that?
jimmm33
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Rollback Video Driver

Postby viking777 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Open synaptic package manager. Bottom left highlight status, top left highlight installed then top right under quick filter search for the word nvidia. It will return several results. I would suggest the best one to go with is nvidia-kernel-dkms. So highlight this and then top left click Package/Force version. you should see the current nvidia driver in that list. Highlight it and install it. If you don't see it under the dkms package try the nvidia-glx package instead.

After that don't be so impatient again you naughty boy :lol:
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Return to Hardware Support