LMDE - Hibernation :: Success

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

LMDE - Hibernation :: Success

Postby DataMan on Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:24 am

Shortened version of a very long story. Installed the 64 bit version of LMDE back in April. Very excited about the prospect of moving my production ops to the Debian edition for a number of reasons. The show stopper for me was that I could never get the blasted hibernation to work as advertised. Dinked around with a number of setting and config files as suggested in numerous posting here.

Finally this past weekend, decided as a last ditch to try a fresh install of the 32 bit version. This time, during the partition section of the installation, I specifically marked my swap partition as swap (didn't do it in the previous install as I assumed that the installer would pick up the swap automatically). After the initial slug of updates and dist-upgrades, the power management worked properly.

Have since re-installed the 64 bit version and am now heading off to install / configure servers and apps.

Identify the swap partition at installation.

:)

-DataMan
Linux'd since 2005 Linux ID 422356 Ubuntu ID 15015
DataMan
Level 6
Level 6

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: LMDE - Hibernation :: Success

Postby luis.nando on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:08 pm

And for those, who never did the marking of the swap partition and not willing to reinstall all the system? Does anyone got any success???
ASUS UL30a2 LMDE 64bit
luis.nando
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support