LMDE Epson Printer Problem

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
bkovacs
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE Epson Printer Problem

Post by bkovacs »

I just installed LMDE Gnome yesterday and like it so far. But why is my Epson R340 not being detected. Usually every other Linux Mint distro as well as others seem to have no problem identifying and allowing me to set my R340 as default. Only thing it finds is PDF Printer.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bkovacs
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LMDE Epson Printer Problem

Post by bkovacs »

Seems like some people are having problems with LMDE and Epson Printers. Like I stated in my previous post, my printer was not even recognized. works fine with Ubuntu 11.04 and Kubuntu 11.04. Any chance this will be fixed.
msm

Post by msm »

Did you check with Epson if they have any Debian drivers for their printers?

Edit: not sure, but try and see if one of the driver at the bottom of this page works: http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/downl ... jet/escpr/
bkovacs
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bkovacs »

Tried that page. Had driver installed, but still would not recognize printer. Seems like a bug in Debian somewhere. CentOS 6, Kubuntu 11.04, Fedora 15, all recognize printer.
bkovacs
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bkovacs »

Well any other suggestions!!
pribina

Post by pribina »

My epson printer (SX105) seems to be working fine since the last update of a cups print server. Update your system and check if it is working now.
bkovacs
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bkovacs »

Problem solved!!. Apparently Linux Kernel 3.0.0-12 was the problem. Launchpad has several users who encountered the same issue with this kernel. Updating to Kernel 3.0.0-13 solved the detection problem. So if you have a USB Epson Stylus printer that is not detected, than upgrade your Kernel to 3.0.0-13. Ubuntu 11.10 comes with Kernel 3.0.0-12 as default, if it had come with 3.0.0-13 than I wouldn't have had an issue. So check the 3.0...kernel version that Mint 11 and LMDE updates to. If 3.0.0-12 than avoid it. Go for 3.0.0-13.

Return to “LMDE Archive”