I have a Lexmark X7675 wireless multifunction printer. I have been able to print to it wirelessly with 32-bit Debian, Ubuntu, and Mint, but I recently got a new 64-bit laptop. I have tried Mint Katya 64-bit on it, and was able to set up wireless printing by installing ia32-libs and openjdk-6-jre; getting the Lexmark 32-bit driver for my printer and running "./lexmark-08z-series-driver-1.0-1.i386.deb.sh --noexec --target lexmark"; then cd to lexmark and run "tar xvf instarchive_all --lzma"; then run "sudo dpkg -i --force-all lexmark-08z-series-driver-1.0-1.i386.deb". (Thanks to "_simon_" in Ubuntu forums.) Once I went through all this, I could set up the printer through "Control Center - Printing". Then printing worked fine.
I wanted to switch to LMDE, so I installed the 64-bit version with no problem. I followed the above procedure, assuming it would probably work. The Printing setup app sees the Lexmark, seems to set it up, but when I try to print a test page, I immediately get an error and the print job stops. I went to the trouble of reinstalling Katya 64-bit just to be sure printing would work, and printing worked fine. I reinstalled LMDE, followed the procedure again, but still no joy. It seems there is something different enough between the two distributions that causes a problem, but even with experimentation and with all the Googling and searching the Mint forums I've done, I can't find a solution.