Asus G53 S fn volume keys

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
bulva

Asus G53 S fn volume keys

Post by bulva »

Dear all,

I'm running LMDE on ASUS G53SW-XR1 Core i7-2630QM/8GB/640GB/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (2.1 compute capability). I'm using the nvidia driver from repositories, 2.6.32-5 kernel, and after some dabbing managed to get almost all the important fn-keys to work with it (LCD brightness, wifi on/off, suspend, screen on/off, screen cloning). If interested I can post steps that I used to get the screen brightness and hibernate running. However I still don't have the keyboard backlight and most importantly, the volume keys. Does anyone have experience getting those to run on this or similar (G73) laptop?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jeop

Re: Asus G53 S fn volume keys

Post by jeop »

I would be very interested in knowing how you got the clone button to work. That's a priority since I can't figure out a way to use a second monitor without it. The other buttons I would like too. I have an Asus x401a running Linux Mint 13 and I can't use most of the fn buttons at the moment. The only ones that work seem to be the suspend and wifi (although the LED doesn't light up). Thanks.

Return to “LMDE Archive”