Galaxy Nexus on LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
camdecoster
Level 1
Level 1

Galaxy Nexus on LMDE

Post by camdecoster »

I recently bought a Galaxy Nexus LTE and I'm trying to use it on LMDE at Update Pack 3, connected in debug mode. This phone has to connect via MTP. I'm having a problem where it takes a long time for the phone to actually mount and then file transfers take so long that they might as well not be happening. I'm currently using mtp-tools and libmtp 1.1.1-1 (downloaded from the Debian unstable repository). When I run mtp-detect in debug mode with the following commands:

$ export LIBMTP_DEBUG=4
$ mtp-detect

it appears that the detection gets stuck in a loop, seemingly having a problem with the PTP protocol. I also ran mtp-detect with strace and it spit out some information about USB stuff, also appearing to get stuck in a loop. I can't be more specific because I'm having trouble copying the code (I can't pause the output, or break the program out of the loop).

Does anybody have any ideas why this might be happening or how I can fix it? At this point, I've only been able to transfer files to the device in a timely manner twice.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Dell m1330 :: Linux Mint 6.0
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Galaxy Nexus on LMDE

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator

Return to “LMDE Archive”