scary ATI stuff

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
PattiM

scary ATI stuff

Post by PattiM »

My Pavilion dv7t has an ATI radeon 5650 discrete graphics card and I see from the forums there are several approaches (and issues) to getting a driver for this card. I'm thinking now about having 3D graphics available. I see reference to a standard "opensource" driver that seems to work the best with LMDE 12, but I'm not sure where/how to install it. The Ubuntu KDE version had an applet for such drivers...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: scary ATI stuff

Post by tdockery97 »

The open source ATI driver should already be installed. Open Terminal and enter:

Code: Select all

inxi -xG
It should tell you that the Gallium driver is in use and should state "Direct Rendering: Yes"
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
PattiM

Re: scary ATI stuff

Post by PattiM »

tdockery97 wrote:The open source ATI driver should already be installed. Open Terminal and enter:

Code: Select all

inxi -xG
It should tell you that the Gallium driver is in use and should state "Direct Rendering: Yes"
Thank You - yes, it's there according to console. I thought it seemed rather fast graphically, but CompizManager doesn't seem to do anything. That's probably just as well because I read the gallium drivers are slow.

Return to “LMDE Archive”