cant use wifi cuzOf invalid password,butMyPassword is valid

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
sistyN

cant use wifi cuzOf invalid password,butMyPassword is valid

Post by sistyN »

Im using LMDE , I can find my wifi router but it says your password is wrong , My password is not wrong , I can connect in win7 , I dont have any problem with cable it works good but i need my wifi , what is the problem ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: cant use wifi cuzOf invalid password,butMyPassword is va

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
nextdistroplease

Post by nextdistroplease »

I'm sorry, but as you can see there is no solution to the problem.

Are you using wep?

I tried getting Debian to connect to my wireless. I installed all of the necessary firmware. It could scan and detect my networks. I could see them clearly.

No matter how I adjusted the settings, the response was "Failed to obtain IP Address" or "Incorrect Password" which is, since I know my password is correct, an invalid claim.

As far as I can tell, Debian's LXDE doesn't even have a network manager - none that can be accessed from the panel, or any where else that I can see.

Wireless is Debian's weakness.
Huff

Post by Huff »

- > Nextdistroplease: I have a similiar problem, I have enjoyed the last several releases of Mint; however, I have been enduring the simple and microsoft like configuration managers that have severely limited functionality. Just today I accidentally typed in the wrong pass for a wifi access point and now I am forced to work off of my phones hotspot. I have wasted so much time looking for a solution (i.e. delete the ssid or enter a new password, or anything) that i have resorted to just getting some work done.

Is there a better, more powerful, command line even, option to control my network settings?

P.S. the Printer config should just be system-config-printers. Again too simple is so limiting. If I wanted that I would go to Conicals stupid tablet OS for PC's.
nextdistroplease

Post by nextdistroplease »

Huff wrote:Is there a better, more powerful, command line even, option to control my network settings?
I'm sorry I don't know

some folks have better luck with wicd instead of (gnome) network manager, and vice versa.

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/wicd

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/network-manager

Return to “LMDE Archive”