Network manager cannot connect to wireless since UP7

Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Network manager cannot connect to wireless since UP7

Postby atarax on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:12 am

Since upgrading to Update Pack 7 the network manager of my netbook with LMDE/MATE does not work correctly anymore. First the machine could not connect automatically anymore after booting, because the SSID did not show up any longer in the list of available wireless networks. Via 'Connect with a hidden network' the network was found and could be connected with. But in my router the SSID is set to be visible. For a few weeks now not even this works any longer. The network manager seems to find the presumably hidden network, but is not able to connect. I deleted the saved network connection and established it anew, but with no avail. Then I purged the network manager package with apt-get purge and installed it anew, but that didn't change anything either. Interestingly it found the (hidden) network after the new installation and still could not connect with it, but it did not ask for the password, and in the network settings the old (and correct) password was still available, although I assumed to have gotten rid of the configuration by purging the network manager. Maybe this is the root of the problem, but I have no idea where the configuration is stored...
Then I started a live system from USB with the wireless driver included, and here everything worked fine. The network was displayed in the list and the connection could instantly be established.
Can anyone explain why the connection fails and what can be done about it? Thanks a lot!
atarax
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Network manager cannot connect to wireless since UP7

Postby atarax on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:48 am

Okay, UP 8 did not improve anything here, and a vanilla installation of LMDE 201403 also not. The problem still persists. At least now it is possible again to establish the connection via 'Connect with a hidden network'. Thus my idea is, to use a bash script as a startup program to establish the connection. But I have no idea what source code is needed for such bash script. So maybe somebody can help me here?
atarax
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Wireless