[SOLVED] WiFi lost after UP8

Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

[SOLVED] WiFi lost after UP8

Postby dclement on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:30 pm

Hello again, more UP8 woes...

The laptop I have upgraded to UP8 has a Broadcom WiFi chipset. The firmware-b34-lpphy-installer package took care of it so far (and it is still installed). But after some reboots, the wireless network just disappeared from Network-Manager.

I can't tell for sure if Network-Manager itself is not at fault... Thanks for any idea!

BR, Daniel
Last edited by dclement on Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
dclement
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: WiFi lost after UP8

Postby Monsta on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:35 pm

You might want to try the proprietary driver like described in this thread. Though I don't know whether you need to remove the current driver (and the firmware installer) beforehand or not. You'll have to experiment :)
Monsta
Level 8
Level 8

Postby dclement on Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:08 am

Thanks, I'm bookmarking the thread, I thought I was already using the proprietary driver...

broadcom-sta-dkms appears in Synaptic, but I no longer need it for now. My WiFi mysteriously reappeared... Perhaps reinstalling firmware-b34-lpphy-installer plus a _cold_ reboot was enough.

Trying to mark this thread as solved (and maybe a moderator could move it elsewhere, as it is not really an UP8 issue).

Back to my other networking problem...
dclement
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Monsta on Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:12 am

dclement wrote:Trying to mark this thread as solved (and maybe a moderator could move it elsewhere, as it is not really an UP8 issue).

You can click on the "!" button (near the "quote" one) and report the post to the moderators. I did it now.
Monsta
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Wireless