Unable to dnload b43-fwcutter, firmware-b43legacy-installer pkgs

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ajohnson2371

Unable to dnload b43-fwcutter, firmware-b43legacy-installer pkgs

Post by ajohnson2371 »

Running LMDE 201403 on a Dell Latitude D500, with a Broadcom 4036 rev 2 wireless card.

On a wired connection at home trying to get the wireless working.
Unable to download and install b43-fwcutter and firmware-b43legacy-installer packages -- keep getting this as an error:

Code: Select all

W: Failed to fetch http://debian.linuxmint.com/latest/pool/contrib/b/b43-fwcutter/b43-fwcutter_018-2_i386.deb
  Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch http://debian.linuxmint.com/latest/pool/contrib/b/b43-fwcutter/firmware-b43legacy-installer_018-2_all.deb
  Hash Sum mismatch
Not sure where to go at this point. Without wireless, this laptop is all but useless unless I'm at home.
Any one have any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Unable to dnload b43-fwcutter, firmware-b43legacy-instal

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

Split from this thread.

Please do not hijack existing threads. Create new threads for different issues. Thanks.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Probably just some issue with this particular mirror.
Change your mirror using Software Sources (or mintsources from the terminal), run apt update and try installing the packages again.
ajohnson2371

Post by ajohnson2371 »

Any thoughts as to which mirror I should use then?

I manually downloaded them using a different system, copied them onto the laptop, and went through the usual bits and bobs of installing the deb packages.
Cross fingers.

Return to “LMDE Archive”