NFS won't mount from fstab

Connection sharing, Firewall, Samba..etc
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

NFS won't mount from fstab

Postby david_22 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi:

I have some NFS shares that I would like to mount from fstab. They mount fine "by hand": for example:
sudo mount 192.168.0.19:/volume1/music /opt/diskstation-2/music-3, works.

They also mount without difficulty when using the mount -a command, but they won't start up from fstab. That is, the line I have placed in in fstab which reads 192.168.0.19:/volume1/music /opt/diskstation-2/music-3 nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr does not work at start up.

This posting: 'NFS not mounting' "http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=55717" speaks to this issue, but it is over 2 years old. I now find that there is a script called mountnfs in the /etc/network/if-up.d folder. (I'm not a technical person, and my experience with Mint Debian is of only a few days.)

Is that script supposed to deal with this issue? Does it need to be modified in order to do so? The instructions in mountnfs read:
# Read through fstab line by line. If it is NFS, set the flag
# for mounting NFS file systems. If any NFS partition is found
# and it not mounted with the nolock option, we start the
# portmapper.

If so, what is the flag to which the instructions refer? Also, I thought 'portmapper' had been replaced by a program called 'rpcbind', but, I admit I am not at all knowledgeable.

Or, is the script suggestion in 'NFS not mounting' (regarding mount -a) still appropriate?

Thanks for any advice.

~ David :)
david_22
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Other networking topics