Low sound volume on LMDE...

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
sirscratchalot

Low sound volume on LMDE...

Post by sirscratchalot »

Hi guys I'm new to linux and currently trying out distros. I've got a bit of a crush on LMDE but I've got a small problem:
Sound volume is very low even at a 100% compared to Ubuntu installed on the same machine. I've checked Alsamixer but there is no other sound settings rather than master.
Sound can be set above 100% from the sound settings panel which helps but is not an ideal way to change the volume.

What can I do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Low sound volume on LMDE...

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

sirscratchalot wrote:Hi guys I'm new to linux and currently trying out distros. I've got a bit of a crush on LMDE but I've got a small problem:
Sound volume is very low even at a 100% compared to Ubuntu installed on the same machine. I've checked Alsamixer but there is no other sound settings rather than master.
Sound can be set above 100% from the sound settings panel which helps but is not an ideal way to change the volume.

What can I do?
Just an idea,
When you are on terminal with alsamixer, hit F6, select another sound card.. hopeful you get a full mixer..
lunatico

Post by lunatico »

I get the same issue with LM 13 Cinnamon. Pressing F6 does not bring a more detailed mixer, it just brings out playback and capture together. Also noticed volume step is to big, it increases/decreases in jumps of 7% for each press of the volume button.

Anyone found a solution yet?
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

lunatico wrote:I get the same issue with LM 13 Cinnamon. Pressing F6 does not bring a more detailed mixer, it just brings out playback and capture together. Also noticed volume step is to big, it increases/decreases in jumps of 7% for each press of the volume button.

Anyone found a solution yet?
Mint 13 and LMDE are different
Please post support questions about LM13 in the Main Edition Support section
lunatico

Post by lunatico »

Oscar799 wrote:Mint 13 and LMDE are different
Please post support questions about LM13 in the Main Edition Support section
True that! Will do, thanks.

Return to “LMDE Archive”