Sound problem on Lenovo W530 -- LMDE edition

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
blackbear

Sound problem on Lenovo W530 -- LMDE edition

Post by blackbear »

Hi all,
sorry for any annoyance..I am pretty new with Linux Mint LMDE but I 'm an old Debian user (since 10 years)
LinuxMint provides me a great experience with my new Lenovo W530 laptop, it runs well excepted the sound support ...
No sound at all, I checked (double or triple check) the mixer settings and channels are not mute...

This is the lspci output (|grep -i audio)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation Device 0e1b (rev a1)

(lshw does not give much more details)

I m stuck with that problem for a while and I hope you to give me some clues

Thanks for your support
Regards
jerome
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cgrosso

Re: Sound problem on Lenovo W530 -- LMDE edition

Post by cgrosso »

Hi,

Same problem here with the w530.
I'm using mint 14 w/cinnamon, i have sound when i plug in the headphones... Even when mint starts up the speakers plays the initial sounds... after this the laptop speakers stays completely muted... it looks like a conflict somewere... In alsamixer the volume settings are all ok, but the problem remains.

Did someone find a workaround\solution for this?

Thanks
last

Post by last »

blackbear wrote:Hi all,
sorry for any annoyance..I am pretty new with Linux Mint LMDE but I 'm an old Debian user (since 10 years)
LinuxMint provides me a great experience with my new Lenovo W530 laptop, it runs well excepted the sound support ...
No sound at all, I checked (double or triple check) the mixer settings and channels are not mute...

This is the lspci output (|grep -i audio)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation Device 0e1b (rev a1)

(lshw does not give much more details)

I m stuck with that problem for a while and I hope you to give me some clues

Thanks for your support
Regards
jerome
Hi blackbear... Did you solv this issue...? I'm trying to get some sound out of my brand new w530... but there is complete silence... Only during the login... i get some init-sounds as usual...

best greets

mike
tmshih

Post by tmshih »

I recently installed the latest version of LMDE to my HP DV7-7023CL

I ran into the same problem trying to get my sound to work. What I found was the Gnome Manager was setting the volume to mute independently of the ALSA mixer control on the desktop. Try starting up Sound Recorder from the "Sound & Video" section and open up "Volume Control" under "File". Then reset the output volume. What annoys me is this happens randomly and even chopped me off during a Skype conversation

I'm also having problems with the mouse buttons going out and text jumping during typing

Weird
kennobyone

Post by kennobyone »

I just installed Mint on a Lenovo W530 and I had the same problem : sound in earphones but not in speakers.

What I did to fix it :
- launched alsamixer (in command line)
- moved right with arrows till <Auto-Mut>
- arrow down to disable it

and now it works fine.

Regards,
Blaise

Return to “LMDE Archive”