sound levels up and down when burning a CD

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Ebere
Level 3
Level 3

sound levels up and down when burning a CD

Post by Ebere »

I tried to describe the problem the best I could in the short space we have for a title. LOL

Here is a description in bit wordier fashion:

Lets pretend I download 14 videos from Youtube.

Then I use audacity to change those videos into wav files that regular ordinary CD players will recognize.

Then I burn a cd of those wav files.

Here's the problem...

While doing all the manipulating, the sound files all come out of the computer at the same sound level.

Play them in any audio program that we have available for linux mint, and they all sound the same. None higher or lower than the others.

AFTER creating the wav files, and they are ready to be burned to the CD... Play them, and they STILL all sound the same.

But actually burn the CD, and all the sudden, some of them can barely be heard on the CD player boom box, and some of them are normal, and some will break your ear drums.

What is up? And how can I fix that?

I don't want to have to waste a bunch of CDs burning a couple songs, then readjusting the file output in audacity or something, then burning them to another CD, etc...

If I could hear them at the actual sound level they will be coming out of the boom box at... While I am setting the file up in audacity... Then I could set the output to make them closer to the same sound level as the others on the cd.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do absolutely nothing for him in return." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)
Ebere
Level 3
Level 3

Re: sound levels up and down when burning a CD

Post by Ebere »

Nobody has even a clue???

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do absolutely nothing for him in return." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Return to “LMDE Archive”