Laptop sound system not working

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
jdanfor1

Laptop sound system not working

Post by jdanfor1 »

This has been an issue for awhile now and I'm not 100% certain if it's my machine or the Linux system. I'm also not certain how to check which version of Mint I'm running at the moment, so I'm obviously serving as no help at all.

If someone could help, it'd be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Laptop sound system not working

Post by Spearmint2 »

Code: Select all

uname -a

Code: Select all

inxi -v1
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
jdanfor1

Post by jdanfor1 »

Alright, this is some of what was pulled up when I typed in that second code.

Distro Linux Mint Debian Edition
CPU: Single core Intel Pentium M (-UP-) clocked at 1400.00 MHz

What particulars do I need from this section of code?
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

jdanfor1 wrote:Alright, this is some of what was pulled up when I typed in that second code.

Distro Linux Mint Debian Edition
CPU: Single core Intel Pentium M (-UP-) clocked at 1400.00 MHz

What particulars do I need from this section of code?
How would I know since you didn't post it? Obviously you have LMDE if what you've said is correct, but no info given on laptop model nor even the sound chip used with it. If you want to do this secretly by yourself, then figure out the sound chip, search for the linux drivers that will work with it, use modprobe command to discover if you already have that mod set for the kernel to use, and if not then install it.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
kurotsugi

Post by kurotsugi »

I'm not quite sure what did you mean with 'sound system' I guess it is the sound when you click something or do some activity on the screen. if it is true then the source the problem is that your system is missing some packages.

Return to “LMDE Archive”