Sound Preferences - Hardware - won't save - AMD Radeon 6950

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
webtarget
Level 3
Level 3

Sound Preferences - Hardware - won't save - AMD Radeon 6950

Post by webtarget »

When I try to configure my Sound - Hardware, and select my Radeon 6950 card, it never saves. And I get no sound.

Any idea what I can do? Configuring it manually? I'm using LMDE MATE 64.

Thanks.

p.s. I had installed Cinnamon initially, but, I would get some error message that Cinnamon would crash. I was able to switch it to MATE. The thing is, that after switching to MATE, I got sound, but, my video looked bad.

I decided to just do a clean install of MATE 64. Now my video is perfect, but, I have no sound. OMG!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
webtarget
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Sound Preferences - Hardware - won't save - AMD Radeon 6

Post by webtarget »

I finally got it fixed. I remember reading some note in a file on my system called [something].blacklist and it had radeon in it. I have an AMD Radeon 6950 video card.

After installing and removing different packages, I can't be 100% sure what fixed the sound, but, I think it was when I noticed I had fglrx and another package xserver-xorg-video-radeon installed. I removed xserver-xorg-video-radeon (based on the blacklist file) and I believe that fixed it.

Seems like a bug to me that the two packages were installed together, assuming that removing xserver-xorg-video-radeon was the actual fix.

Return to “LMDE Archive”