flashplugin and pulseaudio

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
blowtorch

Re: flashplugin and pulseaudio

Post by blowtorch »

gotjazz wrote:uhm at the risk of seeming a bit spammy and annoying

I can only repeat that this needs stickying - every couple of days this thread needs linking because someone new starts another "sound not working" thread without having realized it's flash/pulse -related.
+1

Yes I totally agree this is a known issue that pulse audio didnt come configured with LMDE and this thread fixes the issue and this needs to be stickied ... btw there are some useless nonsense stickies but this one actually fixes issues that ever user has after they install LMDE

smartjack

Post by smartjack »

Geez...

Sorry for reviving .. but doesn't work for me... either vlc or firefox/flash :(
mads

Post by mads »

smartjack wrote:Geez...

Sorry for reviving .. but doesn't work for me... either vlc or firefox/flash :(
Ok, same for me, but when I changed the driver from oss to alsa, then it works fine.
Try totem while playing a youtube video. You'll see that it works. Then go to your
music players audio preferences (I use smplayer) and change driver to alsa.

Hope it helps. :)
terdon

Post by terdon »

No dice for me either. I had fixed this problem on my desktop a few months ago as described here. However, I installed LMDE on my laptop a few days ago and sound.conf was configured in this way out of the box. New iso I guess, great!

However, this does not solve the problem. Programs are getting exclusive use of the sound card. I have also tried using vlc with alsa and get the same behavior: there is no sound if a browser (for example) is open on a youtube page at the same time.

Any ideas?
terdon

Post by terdon »

bump?
terdon

Post by terdon »

OK, replacing flashplayer-mozilla with flashplayer-nonfree fixes the issue. I was under the impression that I had already tried this and it didn't work. Guess I was wrong...
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

glad you were able to get flash working for you, terdon

Return to “LMDE Archive”