no sound after suspend

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

no sound after suspend

Postby nalsdixit on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:29 am

when i awake my computer after suspend, the sound does not work, as in there is no sound on youtube etc. i need to reboot for the sound to work as normal

any suggestions on how to resolve this ?

i am on a aspire one netbook, and did not have any sound problems when using mint 8 and 9
nalsdixit
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: no sound after suspend

Postby misGnomer on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:47 am

Apart from starting (audio) apps from terminal and looking at logs for errors I've no ideas and maybe the more experienced folks can advice on debugging audio/suspend problems.

You could, however, consider trying out newer kernels eg. by using the Liquorix repository to rule out kernel issues. They've v2.6.36 that has gone through many rounds of fixes and 2.6.37 too.

I'm using Liquorix .37 kernel (and .36 before that) on an older stock Intel board and use suspend all the time without problems. (except occasional semi-harmless Firefox corruption after several rounds of suspend, requiring restart of Firefox...)
misGnomer
Level 2
Level 2

Postby nalsdixit on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:21 am

tks, i am looking for a easier/simpler solution than upgrading to a liquorix kernel. my starting reason for using lmde is it is a rolling distribution and the updates come thru. technically not up to doing a manual kernel update/change.

i think i keep my fingers crossed to when 'squeeze' moves to stable, and more updates come into 'testing'

nals
nalsdixit
Level 3
Level 3

Postby deltree on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:15 pm

So, I ran alsamixer from terminal and saw that Auto-Mute Mode was Enabled :?

I Disabled it and my sound came back right away :D

Solution by bassamie on viewtopic.php?f=90&t=122801
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
deltree
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia & Codecs