Rhythmbox,Totem and Gmplayer problems

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
indelible

Rhythmbox,Totem and Gmplayer problems

Post by indelible »

hi.recently i'm having some troubles with my lmde 32 bit on an acer aspire one netbook.after the massive squeeze updates i 'm having various problems with the default media players.for example when i play certain type of mp3 in rhythmbox the player hangs on and stop playing.the same thing if i move the song cursor.it's like a delay and the song starts playing after some seconds.i try to install exaile but got the same problems.only with deadbeef everything is fine.
when try to play a divx movie with totem and gmplayer the video is slow and out of sync.with vlc everything is good.
maybe the problem is common for all this apps.please help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
stz*j

Re: Rhythmbox,Totem and Gmplayer problems

Post by stz*j »

Are you playing sound from 2(or more) different locations at the same time? Like both on rhythmbox and maybe sound from an internet browser. I know somehow it didn't work for me as only one would have sound while the other gets stuck.

One temporary solution was to close the sound in the browser, and restart rhythmbox to start playing it again. What soundcard are you using?

For pulseaudio, I think going to pulseaudio preferences --> Simultaneous Output --> Tick "Add virtual output device for simultaneous output on all local sound cards" will help somewhat I hope. My problem kinda fixed itself sometime ago but I didn't notice when that happened.

If that doesn't work, or you have any problems, ask :D

Return to “LMDE Archive”