LMDE Audio glitch after update to Update Pack 3

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
subhranath

LMDE Audio glitch after update to Update Pack 3

Post by subhranath »

After updating my LMDE to the Update Pack 3 I'm facing this strange audio issue. When I'm listening to songs on Rhythmbox and also connected to Empathy IM, when a new message arrives on my IM, I hear the notification sound of Empathy, but the background song playback at Rhythmbox gets stuck for a moment.

Even a more worse scenario. When the playback at Rhythmbox is paused, then a new IM notification on the Empathy IM Client starts the playback at Rhythmbox by itself.

I didn't have this sort of audio glitch before updating to update pack 3 and gnome 3. How do I fix it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
logistark

Re: LMDE Audio glitch after update to Update Pack 3

Post by logistark »

I have the same issue.
rhodry
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LMDE Audio glitch after update to Update Pack 3

Post by rhodry »

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but, I had some apps that would not play sound after new install of LMDE-Xfce. I found that when left click on panel icon for mixer that default was set to Alsa Mixer for playback. Changing controls only gave sound to some apps.

Change to Playback: Pulseaudio, then Select Controls and Master was only option. Raise to full, all apps now have sound. I am assuming you have to set both if you use some apps that use Alsa & some that use Pulseaudio.

You can fiddle around in this dialog, just remember settings you start with. :)

rhodry.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “LMDE Archive”