Real Time with Jack

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
djimenez

Real Time with Jack

Post by djimenez »

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help running Jack on lmde. I've installed QJackCtl and I do not have a RT kernel.

Upon starting the jack server, everything seems fine. When I start some other jack client (Rackarrack, for example), xruns start happening at a very high rate (several 100's per second maybe).

I used to have this working on ubuntu 10.04 and since I switched to lmde 6 or 7 months ago this has been the only thing not working (well, there's the flash soundrate for some videos but..).

My laptop uses nvidia graphics.

Thanks to all.

Daniel
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gerd50

Re: Real Time with Jack

Post by Gerd50 »

For a long time there was no rt-kernel available in LMDE and not in Debian Testing too. Since some weeks it is.
linux-image-rt-686-pae as meta package or linux-image-3.2.0-2-rt-686-pae. If you run LMDE with latest or incoming
sources it is not available for you. You need to add the debian testing sources to your sources.list in order to
install the kernel:

Code: Select all

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
After you added this line, refresh synaptic, install the kernel and afterwards comment out this line with # and
refresh synaptic again.

Return to “LMDE Archive”