howto install Citrix Receiver in LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
TomRoche

howto install Citrix Receiver in LMDE

Post by TomRoche »

Citrix Receiver is a browser-based remote-access method supported by many institutions, e.g., to provide a virtual, standardized Windows desktop. To enable it in LMDE:

32-bit/i386:
  1. Ensure you have package=curl installed: use your installer of choice (e.g., Mint Update, aptitude, apt-get, synaptic)
  2. Ensure you have Motif version>=3 installed:
    • Code: Select all

$ find /usr/lib | fgrep -e 'libXm.'
      You should find something like

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/libXm.so.4
    • install Motif, e.g. (as of Dec 2012) package=libmotif4
  3. Ensure you have file or symlink named

/usr/lib/libXm.so.N
    , where N is 3 or 4 (or perhaps greater, in later versions). Create one if necessary, e.g.,

ln -s /usr/lib/libXm.so.4.0.2 /usr/lib/libXm.so.4
    where the target is some suitable file you found above.
  4. Download and install the latest Citrix Receiver .deb:
    • goto the Citrix downloads page
    • Choose product="Citrix Receiver" and type="Receivers by Platform" and platform=linux
    • Install the latest .deb from the available links, either, e.g.,
      • download it and

dpkg -i /path/to/file
      • Open With GDebi
  5. You may also want to download and install the 'USB Support Package'.
  6. You will probably also want the Adobe Flash Player plugin: Citrix does not seem to like gnash. Install (as of Dec 2012) package=flashplugin-nonfree (formerly flashplugin-installer)
  7. Run hdxcheck.sh (which was installed with the Citrix Receiver) and check for errors in the output:

/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util/hdxcheck.sh
    . Note the errors might be spurious (e.g., my hdxcheck.sh failed to find my libjpeg.so) so doublecheck.
  8. Test your Citrix site. If it works, you're done!
  9. If you see errors regarding SSL or certificates, make Firefox's certificates accessible to Citrix:
    • quit your browser
    • Code: Select all

sudo ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
    • restart the browser and retry your site.
64-bit/amd64:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
owilleke

Re: howto install Citrix Receiver in LMDE

Post by owilleke »

I'd like to add on the previous (old) post and detail how I got the 64-bit version of Citrix Receiver working under LMDE.

While you can install the 32-bit version (I tried it too), thanks to the multiarch features, I found the 64-bit version could be installed as well.

The process has been outlined over at the Ubuntu forums, so it's better to read it there, as they'll update their procedure when needed. However, I did have to make one modification to their guidelines: you'll have to fix the broken .deb manually, and be even more strict in ditching dependencies, so when you edit the file

${unpackdir}/DEBIAN/control
, change the line that starts with "Depends:" to

Depends: libc6-i386 (>= 2.7-1), lib32z1
(so get rid of nspluginwrapper too, it's a dependency that is not installable in the latest LMDE anyway). This only means you'll have to tell your browser to use

/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica
as the handler for MIME types "application/x-ica", as mentioned on the Citrix support forums. After that, it works.

Return to “LMDE Archive”